- annoy: cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations; “Mosquitoes buzzing in my ear really bothers me”; “It irritates me that she never closes the door after she leaves”
- An evil spirit; a demon
- Satan: (Judeo-Christian and Islamic religions) chief spirit of evil and adversary of God; tempter of mankind; master of Hell
- (in Christian and Jewish belief) The chief evil spirit; Satan
- A very wicked or cruel person
- an evil supernatural being
- The Christian scriptures, consisting of the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments
- the sacred writings of the Christian religions; “he went to carry the Word to the heathen”
- The Jewish scriptures, consisting of the Torah or Law, the Prophets, and the Hagiographa or Writings
- A copy of the Christian or Jewish scriptures
- a book regarded as authoritative in its field
- (biblical) of or pertaining to or contained in or in accordance with the Bible; “biblical names”; “biblical Hebrew”
the devil s bible – The Devil
The Devil You Know
When metal masters Ronnie James Dio, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, and Vinny Appice reunited for the first time in 15 years to record new bonus tracks for Rhino’s 2007 compilation Black Sabbath: The Dio Years, an otherworldly force reignited their musical connection. ‘Everyone had so much fun playing together that we didn t want it to end,’ the band recalls. It didn’t- they reformed as Heaven & Hell- named for the classic 1980 LP that was the lineup’s debut as Sabbath-and staged a triumphant, sold-out world tour throughout 2007-2008. Fueled by their chemistry on the road, the quartet returned to the studio in 2008 to record THE DEVIL YOU KNOW, their first new set of original material since 1992’s Dehumanizer.
'He's just a devil, man.'
These young men were screaming fire-and-brimstone Bible verses at the corner of State and Adams in downtown Chicago. "No pictures, no pictures!" one of them said to me, raising his hand to block the scene. A moment later his associate, still holding the Bible, said, "I’m gonna crack his fuckin’ head open!" His friend cooled things out, saying, "Naw, naw. He’s just a devil, man."
But you’re screaming on a public street, I reminded them to no avail, before moving on to the architectural detail of the neighborhood.
Bible Bashers Breaktime
Have you got the Thermos…I’ll get out the scotch eggs…